Monday, April 9, 2007

The Hidden Truth

I wear a smile in front of you
To try to cover my shame
Why didn't I think this through?
For now I bear this smile of pain

The tears of sorrow roll down my cheek
And flow with a neverending pain
They leave a permanent silver streak
As I live this pitiful life in vain

My heart aches in the memory of you
And the love that we once shared
How could I have lost something so true?
My love, best friend...someone who finally cared

"It's your destiny." some might say
But everytime I hear it I get more upset
Now I must spend each passing day
In my hopeless world of regret

This state of mind eats at me
But I just can't forget about you
I feel so blind. Why can't I see?
For, a love like this nobody should lose

These painful words linger on my lips
And sting my honest tongue
I just can't stop thinking like this
And regretting what I have done.

by: Sarah Lorraine

No comments: